Long-Term (Ultimate triathlon goal)
My long term goal is to continue to show improvement in my overall fitness and body composition, and to see a general time improvement.
Yearly (Performance and ranking goals for the year)
To complete the Challenge Copenhagen ironman distance.
Race (Goals for specific races)
Jels half ironman (16.6.12) in a time below 6 hours and 30 minutes. This would be 2 min/100 m swim, 25km/h bike, and 5.30 min/km run.
Challenge Copenhagen (12.08.12) under the time limit.
Training (goals for all aspects of preparation)
- Open Water swimming: Method: 2 times a month in open water
- TT - position Method: Get aerobars mounted on bike no later than may or buy a triathlon bike.
- Fuelling Method: Start carrying gels on anything longer than two hours + experiment with different solutions.
- Endurance Method: One long ride/bike/swim pr week, follow schedule more religiously.
- Body Composition Method: Reach 58kg
- Flexibility Method: Stretch after each run and bike
- Motivation Method: Evaluate each training session, how it felt, what I accomplished, how it got me closer to my goal. Method: Ask myself the following questions: What do I have to do today to become the best triathlete I can be? Did I do everything I could possibly do today to become a better triathlete?
- Mental toughness Method: Practice using positive talk before, during and after training.
- Visualisation Method Visualize the next days training before going to bed at night.
- Implement Paleo Diet Method Make a meal plan for the week every saturday, stock up on sweet potatoes and easy meats, follow the guidelines from Amy.
- Sleep 7-8 hours Method Go to bed at 22.00 on week days, and get up at the same time every day
This was quite a handfull, and I don't expect it all to go smoothly from day one, but nice to know what I would like to accomplish.