Friday, September 24, 2010

Chocolate mousse

So today is the day after my first cross fit lesson, and I am barely able to walk. I am so sore all over but it's in that great way where you actually feel like your body might be getting better for it. I have an easy run planned tomorrow, so hopefully that will help loosen up the muscles.

I had a friend over today so I decided to try making chocolate mousse from avocado. I just used 2 very ripe avocados and blended them together with chocolate (The amount probably depend on the person, I like it a bit bitter, so I used enough to make it very dark), juice from an orange (optional) and enough water to give it a smooth and creamy texture. Once again I used sweetener but honey should be just as good if you like a more natural source. The final result was absolutely fantastic, definitely something you could serve for people without them knowing how it was made, because face it chocolate mouse made with avocado just sound a bit too strange.

I served it with some sour apples and the picture definitely doesn't do this justice.


Also a few days ago I mentioned that I love cutting an apple into pieces and eating it topped with ice cold light coconut milk, and a little sweetener. So here is a picture of this. Somehow this just reminds me of summer. I have also used bananas, blueberries, strawberries and whatever else I have in the fridge, pretty much everything goes.


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment