Saturday, October 02, 2010

CrockPot Pork Loin

So I finally got to try my new Crockpot. I have been sick the last few days so this was an easy way to make dinner without doing much preparation. I found the original recipe in www.paleoplan.com but ended up changing it up to fit what ever I had in my fridge. Just combined the pork loin with 2 cans of tomatoes, a whole zucchini, 3 carrots, 2 garlic cloves, salt, pepper and basil. Then let it cook at low heat for 7 hours. I served it together with cauliflower rice. Definitely very good. The meat was really tender and the sauce was great, but next time I'll definitely use a pork tenderloin or some other cut without the fat on top. Just seems like such a waste not to make it the danish way with crisp pork crackling. I still have half a roast left so I'll give it a try next weekend.



Also I have decided to start logging in my meal and stats on a separate page as well as the weekly workout plan. The food log is mostly to get an idea of how much I actually eat in day since the amounts easily creep up on me. Also as I have mentioned earlier I need to get back on track with the training to make sure that I am ready for the upcoming triathlon season, and actually publishing my plans means I am somewhat accountable. We will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment