Monday, September 20, 2010

Easy Breakfast muffins

So today I was craving something sweet for breakfast instead of the usual egg stir fry. So I decided to try making muffins using what I had in the kitchen, the recipe is as follows (6 muffins):

Preheat oven to 350 (180C)

Mix together

1 mashed banana
2 eggs
1 cup almond flower (2dl)
2 medium/large shredded carrots
1 tea spoon baking soda
2 table spoons cinnamon (I loooooove cinnamon so I use rather large quantities of it)
A few drop of sweetener depending on how sweet you like it (could use honey to make it more paleo but didn't have that)

Put into muffin cups and bake for app 20 minutes. I did some calculations on these and each muffin has: 144 calories, 6g protein, 8g carbohydrate and 9g fat. These definitely tasted great. Next time I might try to add some raisins, or walnuts, or a shredded apple - there is so many possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment