Friday, August 27, 2010

Vacation

So once again it has been a while since my last post, but at the moment I am vacationing in my home town visiting my parents and all my friends. So this week has been nothing close to normal eating, and I can definitely feel the difference. I did make one of the paleoplan recipes yesterday and it turned out very very delicious. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it so I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. This coconut chicken is definitely something I would serve for dinner company. The cocunut taste from the crusting is very subtle but still gives it an asian feel. I made my recipy in the oven instead of the frying pan, and that turned out really well. I guess it could be made without the coconut flour if your not a fan of that taste - I'll probably try that as well.

My vacation is done on Sunday so Monday everything should be back to normal by monday. My plan is to do a paleo/primal challenge for 30 days from monday. I will be eating somewhat strict paleo with one cheat meal per week (which as my september looks right now will probably be spend on cocktails - better cheat well if I plan to cheat). I have been planning to try doing a more primal kinda workout for a while but since I had to do long training runs/bike rides/swims as a part of my training it really wasn't possible - until now. I must admit though that I absolutely hate walking so I will probably still do one or two 10km runs during the week, but if I'm doing them alone I'll try to do a more sprint based fartleg workout. I guess biking is seen as moving at a slow pase, and since it's about time I got back on the bike - some easy rides would probably be a great. Other than that I am planning to do strength training 2-3 times a week, and perhaps one or two yoga sesions to stretch and strengthen my back.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment