Sunday, January 23, 2011

Trying again - but doing it right

So just like everyone else entering into the new year I have made som resolutions. I actually made way to many and most of them only lasted the first week, such as being better at keeping my place tidy, spending more time watching the news and less watching Greys anatomy, mad men, gossip girl etc, getting up early and going to bed at a normal hour - you know the usual getting your life in order resolutions. Well that didn't really work out, but at the same time I had the same resolution as I had last year - to finish the half ironman. And that one I attend to keep. So I have finally got my but out of the couch and started going to spin classes to get into bike shape, and it is actually going rather well. Compared to a trip on the road it is oh so boring, but at the moment it is not that bad getting through them since I know that they are a means to an end.

Other than that I have hired a personal coach to help me reach this goal, and I am starting the program that he is supervising next week. I am so excited about this, and I really hope that this will help me stay on track and help avoid the injuries. So I have posted my first week of workouts and I will let you know how it goes.

It has also been a while since I have posted a meal, and I actually made one a few days ago, just didn't have the time to write up a post. This recipe is just another clean out the fridge kinda thing, but it turned out great.

Creamy Tomato Chicken
3-4 persons
1 lb chicken cut into pieces
1 onion cut into pieces
2 cups of sliced mushrooms
4 cellery sticks
1 garlic clove minced
1 cup coconut milk
2 cans of tomatoes
2 cubes of chicken broth
Olive oil

1 head of cauliflower - riced

Heat up the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken, onion, mushrooms, cellery and garlic until the chicken is tender. Add the coconut milk, tomatoes and chicken broth and let it simmer for 15-20minutes. Serve the tomato sauce on top of the rice. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment