Friday, January 07, 2011

Fruited Chicken Thighs

So my whole statement of coming back from vacation with plenty of energy is really not working out as planned. I have been dead tired all week and on top of that I have gotten the worst cold ever. I hate having a cold, you are not really sick so you go to work looking and feeling like crap, and on top of the you don't even get the pity vote, because it is just a cold...

Anyhow as promised I would try to be better at posting in the new year, so last night I made Fruited Chicken Thighs with Roasted Asparagus and Cauliflower Rösti.

I had some leftover "rice" from last night and instead of thowing it away I just mixed it with a ½ cup of grated cheese and some ham, and then let it bake for 30 minutes or so - voila Cauliflower Rösti . The entire meal was really great, and a lot easier than I had expected (never was any good at the whole chicken stuffing thing).

This week has not been great on the eating front but my plan is to go almost full frontal next week. Almost being code for cocktails and cheese in moderation being alright - a girls gotta live a little.... So hopefully being a bit more strict will also turn my body around and give me more energy, and get rid of this stupid cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment