Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chili

So I love recipes where you have your base, and then you just add whatever you have in the fridge at the moment. This recipe for chili is one of them. I got the base recipe from paleoplan, and then I just adjusted it to fit me. I am not good with the spice chili, so I only the spiciness from the salsa. If you have mexican blod in you veins, add some extra chili, either in powdered form or diced.
Chili
  • 1 Tbs coconut oil
  • 1 medium yellow onion, diced
  • 3 stalks celery, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, sliced
  • 1 lb ground meat
  • 2 tsp ground cumin
  • 2 tsp thyme
  • 1 (12 oz) jar salsa
  • 1 (8 oz) can diced tomatoes
  • Salt & Pebber
In a large pot, heat up the coconut oil and add the garlic, onions and celery, and sauté until the onions become glassy. Add the ground meat and spices and saute until the meat is no longer red. Add the salsa and tomatoes and let the whole thing simmer for 1 hour. In the version on the picture I have added some yellow peppers that needed to be eaten before getting all wrinkly.
Serve alone or on top of spaghetti squash, zucchini pasta, or cauliflower mash.

No comments:

Post a Comment